Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Turn junk mail Junk Into Cold Hard Cash


Everyone complains about junk mail. Evil - ugly - junk e-mail! 'I too' 'I never open' 'I delete' But despite what you may be thinking right now - you can learn so much from so-called spam. Let me explain. Copywriting is one of the most important skills you can learn. The power of language.

The power of words. And become a master lyricist - something you can learn quickly. Here's how. When you receive an e-mail - what's the first thing to do? The first thing? The answer?

Have you read the title (in the subject box). Now - if it's as exciting as a trip to the mailbox - you delete without even opening. But - how about if it's a bit 'intriguing - and bizarre - or calling - or just very funny? Chances are ... you can just click it. And then - BOOM - we have got! Statistics show that a person opens an e-mail are 90% more likely to read (or at least part of it). It is for this reason - the junk mail can be so powerful. From now on - I want you to create a new folder in your email program. Then - every day you go through the e-mail - note that just have something about them that makes you want to open. The only deal - click and drag this new folder. I do this all the time! Within a few weeks - you will have a folder full of interesting and exciting titles - titles that for one reason - they had some kind of emotional connection with you. And then - when it comes your turn to send an e-mail you want to open - or an article you want clicked - you will already have a proven back catalog titles that have - for whatever reason - connected with you.

And unless you have attached to you - can connect to others. Use this list as inspiration for the bonds. I still do to this day - and consequently I'm one of those rare people who actually do not mind junk mail! I call this my folder 'swipe file'. I scroll through all the emails that catches my attention - the intention to study at a later time because it connected with me. I highly recommend you start doing the same .......

No comments:

Post a Comment