Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Photo Of The Day: 02/05/2011 "abandoned villages"




I can not complain of life that has touched me. I have work, family, friends, hopes and projects. Precisely because of this, thinking how lucky I am, sometimes I try to do an exercise in raw realism. I think of what would, if suddenly everything falls apart around me. I lost my job, my family disappeared, friends gave me back, failed projects ... or even none of that really happened, what would happen if I suddenly I no longer feel lucky. It can happen right?. That one day you wake up, and nothing seemed to you yesterday a reason to fight, now it matters. Well in that case, I have very clear that I would move to live in an abandoned village. I researched a little on the subject. In our country there are currently more than 3,000 villages forgotten. The highest density of such nuclei in Asturias, Galicia and Castile. It would be great to move to one of these places, choose the most beautiful house in the area, with larger lands, and furthermore, the district authorities encourage and reward you for repopulation. Of course, maybe the first few months would be hard to know what state would be wiring and water pipes, roofs, doors.

You or I have a dishwasher or Internet ... In short, bargain at all, it would be. But we speak of comfort and technological advances replaced by a sense for our lives. To me it seems pretty fair exchange. As I mentioned at the beginning, I like the life I have, but if one day that changes ... you know where to find me.

You can find more articles of eta series http://fotoblogedurneiza.blogspot.com

We invite you to visit www.edurneiza.com

Photo: Edurne Iza

Text: Iza Otamendi Onintza

You can download this picture freely. The only restriction is for sale and / or profitable use of it. Do not forget that all work belongs to its author, make good use of it.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment